Monday, April 25, 2011

Black Winged Moth

The black winged moth with her feathery antennae
Quivers and settles on the petals of a rose
Her barrel shaped body dressed in gold and royal blue
Dressed for a night on the town, I suppose

She stretches her long narrow wings in the sun
Soaking up the vibrancy of a spring day
She is quiet, content, wanting for nothing
How I wish I could have her peace today

Just the moth and me listening to the trickling stream
As breezes ruffle the large fir trees
Her freedom, her spirit, I envy it so
To live in beauty, to do as she please

A branch snaps and I start, alerting the moth
She flits off without saying goodbye
I am left alone and feeling a little used
As I watch her laughingly climb towards the sky

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

A poem! So impressed.